2017 is a big year for Canada and for Fairtrade in Canada as we celebrate our 20th anniversary!
We are hoping that you will join in the celebrations as we are grateful for the incredible community of people that make our movement possible. We have come a long way in the last two decades and are proud of the impact that Canadians have had on countless families and communities in the Global South!
Check back regularly as we will be adding more to this page and do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know that Fair Trademark Canada, now known as Fairtrade Canada, was founded as a volunteer-based organization in 1997? Take a look at some of the important milestones from the last two decades.
Organize an initiative and get financial support!
We thank all the Fair Trade Programs who submitted an application to receive funding for their 2017 initiative. Many are putting a lot of hard work into great awareness initiatives and we’re happy to support them by providing small financial contributions to selected initiatives!
The successful initiatives are:
- Fair trade coffee and tea break – organised by Red River College (April 12 2017)
- Fair trade month celebrations in Quebec city – organised by Fair Trade Quebec city (May 1-31 2017)
- 2017 Youth Community Leaders Conference – organised by Fair Trade Ottawa Équitable (May 8 2017)
- World Fair Trade Day celebration - organised by Fair Trade Calgary (May 11-14 2017)
- Community BBQ – organised by Rita Steele on behalf of the non-profit organization Rural Roots Ghana (August 13 2017)
- Chocolate bar wrapper contest – organised by Fair Trade Brandon (September 7 2017)
- Fair trade film festival – organised by Fair Trade Montreal and University of Montreal (September 25-29 2017)
Fairtrade Canada 20th Anniversary Giveaway!
We are giving away a bag of Fairtrade goodies every month until December! Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as we’ll provide contest instructions every month. Full details about the giveaway can be found here.
- Follow us on Instagram and like this month’s contest photo
- Comment on this photo by telling us what is your favourite shop to buy Fairtrade goods?
Special thanks to these brands for donating Fairtrade products!
Alternative Grounds, Ben & Jerry’s, Brûleries FARO, Cha’s Organics, Equifruit, Ethical Bean Coffee, Green Campus Co-op, Kicking Horse Coffee, THEOBROMA chocolat, Sweet Leaf Bath Co., and VOLO.
Click here for digital resources such as blogs and social media images. We’ll be adding new digital resources as the year progresses and we encourage you to use them to spread the word about Fairtrade’s presence in Canada! 20 years – that’s something to be celebrated!