by Concordia University
- 225 g (8 oz) self-rising flour
- 100 g (4 oz) Fairtrade coconut oil
- 150 g (5 oz) Fairtrade sugar
- 450 g (1 lb) Fairtrade bananas (the gooier the better)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 175 g (6 oz) mixed dried fruit (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel and mash the bananas, and then mix all the ingredients except the dried fruit together. You can do this in a food processor, or by hand in a basin.
- When they're all thoroughly mixed, add the dried fruit.
- Spoon the mixture into a 1 kg (2 lb) non-stick loaf tin, spread it out evenly and bake it for 1½ hours.
- The loaf is done when a skewer pushed into its middle comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack before slicing.