- 2 tbsp pistachio nuts
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp ground coconut
- 4 Fairtrade bananas
- 1 lemon
- 2 to 3 Fairtrade dark chocolate bars
- Approximately 16 popsicle sticks, baking parchment, possibly a food processor
- Grind the pistachios and cashew nuts in the food processor or chop them with a knife. Put the chopped nuts and coconut ready in bowls.
- Peel the bananas. Cut them in 4 cm pieces, then pierce them on the sticks and place them on a plate. Sprinkle the banana pieces lightly with lemon juice and put them in the freezer to get very cold (they don't have to freeze).
- Chop the chocolate and melt it "au bain marie" (bowl of chocolate in a pan with water on a low heat). Be careful not to get any water in the chocolate.
- Prepare a plate lined with baking parchment. Dip the banana in the chocolate then sprinkle with coconut, pistachio and cashew nuts and place on the baking parchment.
Recipe and photography: ZTRDG for Max Havelaar Netherlands