These melt-in-your-mouth mocha cheesecakes will have your loved ones raving over every last bite. Since this recipe uses non-fat cottage cheese vs. cream cheese, it means you can have two, right?
By Van Houtte
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- 2 cups of fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups of icing sugar
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened Fairtrade cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon and 1½ teaspoons of all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons of Velvety and Fruity finely ground Fairtrade coffee by Van Houtte
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 275° F.
- Line 12 standard muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese, eggs, icing sugar, cocoa powder, flour, ground coffee, and vanilla. Process until smooth, 4 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
- Place 1 cookie at the bottom of each cups and divide mixture.
- Bake until filling is set and cookies soften, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature in pan on a wire rack, and then refrigerate at least 1½ hours.
- To serve, invert cheesecakes onto plates and peel off liners.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.