This dreamy breakfast full of tropical flavours is the perfect start to a slow Saturday morning or lazy Sunday. Use all of the batter or save – if you can manage it – a few pancakes for later in the week.
Vegetarian | Sugar free
4 servings. Preparation time 30 mins.
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled, core removed, in rings
- 250 gr spelt flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe Fairtrade bananas, finely mashed
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 400 ml almond milk
- 4 heaping tbsp. crème fraiche
- Fairtrade Grated coconut
- Melt 2 tbsp. of coconut oil, add the maple syrup, and then use to spread over the pineapple. Set aside and allow the ‘marinade’ to be absorbed.
- Sieve the spelt flour above a bowl and add the eggs, mashed bananas, lemon juice, baking powder and salt. While stirring, thoroughly mix the almond milk into a smooth batter. Add more milk if the batter is too dry or too thick.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan, and cook the pancakes on medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Keep warm in a pan or between two plates.
- Heat up a grill pan on medium heat and grill the pineapple rings for approx. three minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with the pineapple and a scoop of crème fraiche. Sprinkle with grated coconut and perhaps drizzle with extra maple syrup.
Replace the maple syrup with honey.
Instead of crème fraiche, use ricotta, cream cheese or mascarpone.