Fairtrade is a global movement with a strong and active presence in Canada, represented by Fairtrade Canada.
Fairtrade is a movement for change that works directly with businesses, consumers and campaigners to make trade fair for farmers and workers. The international Fairtrade system represents the world's largest and most recognized fair trade system. We are a global organization working to secure a better deal for farmers and workers.
A world where trade justice and sustainable development principles are practiced globally, thereby moving world farmers and workers from a position of vulnerability to security and economic self-sufficiency.
To support the principles of trade justice and sustainable development by:
- Increasing the sales of Fairtrade certified products in Canada
- Maximizing the benefits of Fairtrade to farmers and workers
- Supporting the work of others to advance our vision
We are committed to working with these values as our guiding force:
- People First: Everything we do is based on promoting the dignity and wellbeing of people - farmers and workers, licensees, retailers, and importers, consumers, volunteers, staff, members and board.
- Excellence: We are committed to delivering professional, high-quality service. We are dedicated to continually improving and innovating.
- Integrity: We are honest, ethical, and transparent; we are accountable to our stakeholders.
- Respect: We respect diverse perspectives and value dialogue. We collaborate with people who share our goals and find strength in teamwork.
- Passion: The spirit we bring to our work and our mission is one of positivity, energy and enthusiasm.